Bye bye growhouse, hello frogspawn!

In my previous blog, I’d said that the growhouse I’d bought was rubbish: “I don’t expect it to see it through to next year, but I’m hoping it will see my tomatoes through this one!

Well, no. It’s dead as a dodo. The wind ripped it apart. I had weighed it down, and the bottom did stay put, but the poles just came out of the connectors further up… I glued some of the poles into the connectors, and then it blew the connectors to bits. 

So, that’s been dismantled, and I guess it’s onto Plan B for tomato housing! They are getting big now, so I am getting impatient. I can't wait for the weather to settle enough for me to be able to take them outside! However, I do need to sort the Plan B housing yet anyway.


I haven't done a lot of seed sowing this month, purely due to lack of space! I was planning to put them in the growhouse, but that's obviously not possible now, so the office and kitchen windowsills are all I've got. I have sown some white honesty and some evening primrose. 

We're just over a week into April, and there's not a lot to do in the garden at the moment. I plan to pop out this afternoon whilst the weather allows me to, to tackle some weeds in my herb border.

I am waiting for deliveries so I can work on a deep shade spot. Watch this space...

Also, frogspawn! I did steal this from my mum's pond. 






Comments